In this article, we'll guide you through how to replace a gateway should such a need arise. This should only be actioned in consultation with The Yield Support team.
Please reach out to The Yield Support team (How can I get in touch with The Yield's Support Team) before starting the below.
1. When you receive your new gateway enclosure, the first thing you should do is unpack it and check inside to make sure all the parts are in position and that all the cabling is connected properly (see photo below).
2. If you're replacing an existing gateway, use the existing mounting location and brackets. If you're installing a new gateway, push the plastic mounting brackets into the corner slots at the back of the gateway.
3. If necessary, fix a mounting board made from timber, MDF, or plywood to the wall. The mounting board should be slightly bigger than the gateway. Once the mounting board is in place, fix the gateway to it with timber screws, making sure the antenna connectors are at the bottom.
Connect Antenna Cables
4. The next step is to connect the antenna cables to the coax connectors at the bottom of the gateway. This is a crucial step, and it's important to make sure you put the correct cable into the right connector. If you connect the wrong cable type, the pins might break off and you willneed to replace the cable and/or the gateway enclosure.
The 4G connector at the underside of the enclosure is female, so the male coax coming from the roof goes into the 4G connector. The 6LP connector at the underside of the enclosure is male, so the female coax coming from the roof goes into the 6LP connector.
Connect Power Cable and Switch Power On
5. Connect the power cable coming from the gateway enclosure to a dedicated GPO (general-purpose outlet) and switch the power on at the GPO. The gateway and modem in the enclosure will now start to boot up, which can take a few minutes.
Activate Gateway in the System
6. Once your gateway is installed and powered on, the final step is to call The Yield support team (How can I get in touch with The Yield's Support Team) to arrange for your gateway to be activated in the system. Once your gateway is activated, you should be good to go!
For reference: Gateway antenna pole on roof with 4G antenna on bracket (black paddle antenna) and 6LowPAN antenna on top of white pole.