Setting up a weather station node will allow you to monitor weather conditions in a certain area of your site.
In this step-by-step guide, we will walk you through the process of installing a weather station node.
We will cover mounting the node, ensuring proper alignment, securing the components, and initializing the device. And to make things even easier, we have an instructional video that demonstrates the entire process. Feel free to watch the video below to see the installation in action.
Step 1: Mounting the Node
- Ensure that the weather station node is securely mounted to the frame using U-bolts. Make sure the cables are out of the way to avoid tangling.
- Slide the node down over the top of the pole until it hits the designated point on the frame.
Step 2: Leveling and Orientation
- Check the bubble level on the node to ensure it is level. Adjust if necessary.
- Determine the North direction using a compass or a compass app on your phone.
- Face the node towards the North direction and begin tightening the U-bolts using a 7/16 spanner.
- Double-check the alignment to ensure the node is facing the correct direction.
Step 3: Installing the Rain Bucket
- Attach the rain bucket to the weather station node according to the provided instructions.
- Make sure the rain bucket is securely fastened and positioned correctly.
Step 4: Antenna Installation
- Remove the antenna from its packaging and remove any protective covers.
- Screw the antenna onto the designated port on the weather station node. Hand-tighten it firmly.
- Remove any additional protective covers or seals.
Step 5: Powering On the Node
- Open the node's cover and locate the power switch.
- Turn on the node by flipping the switch. You should hear a beep and see a green flash to indicate it is powered on.
- Close the cover, ensuring the seal is in place to protect the internal components.
Step 6: Checking the Services App
- Open the services app on your device or computer.
- Connect to the weather station node and ensure that the readings and data are displayed correctly.
- Verify the accuracy of the readings by comparing them to known values or local weather reports.
By following these steps, you will be successfully installing the weather station at your site to further monitor and collect weather data from your location.
For any questions regarding this or assistance with The Yield's apps, please contact Support via the contact details provided in How can I get in touch with The Yield's Support Team.