In this guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of attaching sensors to a mounting frame, including the bracket, rain bucket, anemometer, PAR sensor, and PYR sensor, providing you with the necessary instructions for a successful installation.
In the video below, we'll explore the process of attaching sensors to a mounting frame covering key aspects such as sensor selection and secure installation and providing you with practical tips to ensure a correct install.
To attach sensors to the mounting frame, follow these steps:
- Begin by assembling the basic bracket. Take the bracket and place it in the middle of the frame. Insert a washer through the hole in the bracket, followed by a nut. Finger-tighten the nut for now.
- Attach the plastic node bracket to the frame. Slide it onto the frame and secure it using the provided u-bolts. Make sure the u-bolts are on the inside of the bracket. Finger-tighten the nuts for now.
- Attach the rain bucket. Take the rain bucket and remove the cover. Place a washer on the bolt of the rain bucket and insert it through the designated hole in the frame. Secure it with a nut. Repeat this process for the second bolt. Use a 7/16-inch ratchet to tighten the nuts on both sides evenly.
- Attach the anemometer. Take the anemometer and place it on the frame, aligning it properly. Place a washer on each bolt of the anemometer and insert them through the corresponding holes on the frame. Secure the bolts with nuts. Use a 7/16-inch ratchet to tighten the nuts on both sides evenly.
- Attach the PAR (Photosynthetic Active Radiation) and PYR (Pyranometer) sensors. Start with the PAR sensor. Feed the cable through the designated hole in the frame. Insert the nylon screw through the hole in the sensor and tighten it gently with a flat-head screwdriver. Make sure the cable is coming through the middle of the hole. Repeat this process for the PYR sensor.
- Remember to finger-tighten the nuts and screws during the initial assembly, and then go back and fully tighten them at the end.
Properly attaching the sensors to the mounting frame ensures accurate readings and reliable data.
For any questions regarding this or assistance with The Yield's apps, please contact Support via the contact details provided in How can I get in touch with The Yield's Support Team.