The Analytics Portal allows you to view and download historical data for your weather locations in a variety of formats. Here, we'll cover how you can get access to tabulated data and screenshots of charts.
Before getting started, you may want to change your display units; please see: How to change Display Units in the Analytics Portal
Getting historical data in a spreadsheet format (Excel or CSV)
- Once the landing page loads, select the tab 'Data Table' from the bar at the top of the page
- From the 'Station' drop-down list, select the location you'd like to view data for
- To the right of the location selector, you can select the data interval to display (noting that raw/15 minute intervals are not available for all data sources) and then select the date range you're interested in viewing
- To download the selected data range, click on the spreadsheet icon next to 'Export:' to load a window where you can select 'The Yield Data Export' and your preferred file format, excel or csv, and then click download
- Your file should appear in your downloads location. It is recommended you name the file appropriately to track the location and date range contained in the file
Also available from the Export section is the ability to save the currently displayed data set as a PDF or PowerPoint presentation. Something that may be particularly useful when selecting from these is that you can choose to select 'from this workbook' which will give you a list of other sheets to save in one file. With this feature, you can make a complete presentation of a location's recorded weather in seconds.
Exporting screenshots of charts
If you'd rather a visual summary of conditions at your location of choice, there are more export tools available to you.
- As you did with the Data Table, you can click on any of the tabs from the top of the page to load charts on specific conditions like rain, air temperature, wind, VPD, GDD and more
- Above the chart you can choose location and date settings, and other settings can be amended from the 'Settings' tab like GDD and Chill Hour Thresholds
- To the right of the date settings, you can choose to save an image as a .png file with the camera icon, giving you a screenshot like the one below
- The PDF and PowerPoint icons will open a window where you can select to download just the currently displayed chart or other charts from the workbook. You can make a custom selection or select all to quickly download all the data and charts available for the location and date range you've selected