If you notice that your rain bucket is not detecting rainfall measurements, please:
- Check the cables that connect to the rain bucket to see if there is any noticeable damage.
- Inspect the rain bucket for spider webs, leaves or debris.
NB: Please switch the node off before handling the rain bucket so as not to cause any false readings. To turn off the node:
- Twist the lock on the bottom of the node,
- Pull down the tray, and then
- Turn the silver switch in the corner to OFF.
- To ensure accurate readings, aim to inspect and clean your rain buckets weekly or monthly, and particularly after storms or strong winds.
- Please take photos of any visible damage to rain buckets and cables and email them to the Support team. This will help the team to determine the best course of action.
- Please notify the Support team once any maintenance is completed.
- Also see the Rain Bucket Maintenance video (from 00:48 to 1:40) for a demonstration.
For any questions regarding this or assistance with The Yield's apps, please contact Support via the contact details provided in How can I get in touch with The Yield's Support Team.