We have compiled the following videos to help you install the EnviroPro Soil Moisture Probe. The steps should be followed after consultation with The Yield's Support Team.
1. Auger the hole for the EnviroPro probe.
Tip: If you hit some rock while augering, try banging the tip of the probe into the bottom of the hole. This can help break up soft rock or obstructions.
2. Mix the bentonite clay slurry for fixing the probe into the soil.
- Bentonite clay powder: A good agricultural supply store should be able to help you with this ingredient. There are a few different grades that you can purchase. Ideally, it’s the powder form (not granulated) bentonite that is used. If you can’t find bentonite, then Kaolinite clay powder can also be used. Bentonite powder can also be found at health food stores, though it's more expensive as it's food grade.
- Sand: We use sand that is suitable for concrete, but any fine sand will do.
3. Insert the EnviroPro probe into the soil and connect it to the node.
A playlist of videos can be found here on YouTube.